Recognized by their districts as Teacher of the Year, 40 local teachers are now nominees for 2022-23 San Diego County Teachers of the Year. Five of the nominees will be selected on Aug. 26 at the 32nd annual Cox Presents: Salute to Teachers.
In partnership with the San Diego County Office of Education, Cox Communications will produce a one-hour “Cox Presents: Salute to Teachers” television special to recognize local teachers, spotlight the teachers of the year, and share highlights from the reception. The show will air at 9 p.m. on Sunday, Oct. 2 on YurView Network (Cox Channel 4). Visit www.SalutetoTeachersSD.com.
For 32 years, Cox Communications, in partnership with the San Diego County Office of Education, has produced and televised Cox Presents: Salute to Teachers to honor San Diego County’s public-school teachers for their commitment to their students and the teaching profession.
The five county teachers of the year will be selected based on student achievement, professional devlopment and school community involvement, teaching philosophy, knowledge of educational issues and trends, promotion and development of the teaching profession, accountability, and ability to Serve as ambassadors of education.
East County Teachers selected by their district:
• Jessica Eaton, Meridian Elementary, Cajon Valley Union School District
• Stephanie LaBerge-Luhnow, Grossmont High School, Grossmont Union High School District
• Rachel Mortiz, Mount Miguel High School, Grossmont Union High School District
• Madeline Spence, La Mesa Arts Academy, La Mesa-SpringValley School District
• Tina Hober, Lakeside Farms Elementary, Lakeside Union School District
• Kathryn Kelly, Monterey Heights Elementary, Lemon Grove School District
• Tara O’Connell, PRIDE Academy, Santee School District