Vandal of West Hills High to continue to pay for damages

18
128
WEBCourtRoundup.jpg

A 19-year-old Santee man and three juveniles who vandalized West Hills High School and a park will continue to pay $25,000 in restitution in 2016 for the damages.

Daniel Patrick Johnson, the only adult identified in the June 19, 2015 vandalism of the high school and at West Hills Park in Santee. Three others were prosecuted in Juvenile Court where records are confidential. Johnson’s file says he is sharing the $25,000 restitution figure at a rate of $50 per month.

A 19-year-old Santee man and three juveniles who vandalized West Hills High School and a park will continue to pay $25,000 in restitution in 2016 for the damages.

Daniel Patrick Johnson, the only adult identified in the June 19, 2015 vandalism of the high school and at West Hills Park in Santee. Three others were prosecuted in Juvenile Court where records are confidential. Johnson’s file says he is sharing the $25,000 restitution figure at a rate of $50 per month.

Johnson was sentenced to 12 days in jail he already served on terms of three years probation by El Cajon Superior Court Judge Daniel Goldstein, in addition to performance of five days of public work service. He was ordered to pay probation costs and fines in the sum of $5,233.

Johnson pleaded guilty to burglary and vandalism in the incident. The sheriff’s department said a citizen called them at 4:20 a.m. to report seeing young males kicking open the door of the park’s concession stand. Deputies found broken signs, paint spread around, and wires pulled out of electrical boxes.

There was vandalism at West Hills High School near the park on Mast Boulevard. Windows were shattered, trash burned, lights broken, trees uprooted, and a brick was thrown through the windshield of a school vehicle. All four defendants were spotted near the scene and all had paint on their clothes that matched the paint used to vandalize the park. They are barred from the premises of the park and high school.

Preliminary hearing set for El Cajon man firing weapons in his home

A Jan. 19 preliminary hearing has been set for Samuel Jason Herlevic, 46, accused of firing numerous rounds from his apartment in El Cajon on Sept. 19, 2015.

No one was injured and Herlevic was arrested by El Cajon Police officers after he walked outside about an hour after the shots were fired. There was no apparent motive. Neighbors of Herlevic called police around 7:40 p.m. to report the gunfire and officers evacuated the area. Once outside, Herlevic did not obey commands and a police dog assisted in his arrest.

Herlevic pleaded not guilty to a felony count of shooting at an occupied structure and remains in jail on $250,000 bail.

House of Hope arsonist to be sentenced

Francisco “Frankie” Castro, 24, will be sentenced Jan. 14 following his guilty plea to arson of the House of Hope in Santee that burned down on Oct. 2, 2014.

Castro was released from jail Dec. 15 after pleading guilty to arson of an uninhabited structure and is expected to get up to a one year term in jail, most of which he has already served, said Deputy District Attorney Will LaFond.

Castro once lived at the House of Hope, at 10320 Prospect Avenue, which once housed 50 people. It was the subject of investigations by sheriff’s deputies, the Santee city code enforcement and the District Attorney’s office regarding standards of living, misuse of government EBT cards, and allegations of sexual assault.

Most of the occupants of the House of Hope had been notified the shelter was closing. Only a handful of residents had remained and they were under a court imposed eviction order which would have resulted in a lock out on the day the fire occurred, according to the sheriff’s department.

Parolee to stand trial for multiple felony charges

Kevin Lee Williams, 37, a parolee, will stand trial Feb. 18 on charges of carjacking, robbery, felony assault, and hit and run that began Aug. 9, 2015 with the theft of a black pellet handgun from a sporting goods store at 9805 Campo Road in Spring Valley.

Williams allegedly took the pellet handgun without paying for it and used it to commit a carjacking at the Albertson’s grocery store at 9831 Campo Road. He is accused of hit and run at a collision at Dehesa Road and Harbison Canyon Road shortly after the carjacking.

The Sycuan Indian Reservation Police held him until sheriff’s deputies arrived and recovered the stolen car. Williams has pleaded not guilty and remains in jail on $100,000 bail.

18 COMMENTS

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here