Original Grossmont High School renovated to GUHSD District Office
Constructed in 1922, the original Grossmont High School classroom building was converted to the GUHSD District Office in 1958. The $14.2 million restoration of this Historic Landmark Building combined the Stone Building and the Old Main with modern enhancements and established architectural features, keeping the building’s historical significance in tact. A ribbon cutting ceremony on May 1 celebrated the re-opening and re-dedication of the GUHSD District office.
(Left to right) Mike Harrison, Congressman Duncan Hunter’s representative; Tony Ambrose, El Cajon council member, Ralf Swenson; GUHSD Superintendent, El Cajon Mayor Bill Wells, Robert Shield, president GUHSD governing board, Scott Patterson, deputy superintendent of GUHSD, Star Boles, El Cajon city council member, Dick Hoy, VP of GUHSD governing board, and Priscilla Schreiber, GUHSD governing board member.